December 2, 2009

Flirtanomics

Social networking sites seem to be one of the top locations for guys to confidently approach women. Married men, straight men, gay men, old men, young men, international men, MEN period. It's like the male hormones rejoiced at the opportunity to eliminate any chance of face to face rejection. Or maybe guys don't see enough pretty faces in their day to day routines.
  • "Hey beauty queen, i was wondering if you might like to take this thing off on FB. Get to know me, im a good dude and i know how to treat a lady. I dont do this often but i really like what i see...at least holla back."
  • "sup whats good with you are you trying to talk to somebody new?..."
  • "I'm sorry if i bother you sweet love,i just couldn't resist saying hi to you,i swear you are so beautiful even if you can't stand me saying hi would be the sweetest thing you can do.hope to hear from you soon."
  • "that chokol8 ladii glow, I love that."

Sorry if you wrote this to me. Sorry if I didn't write back and that offended you. Socal networking sites are just the equivalent to EPIC FAILURE when it comes to trying to date someone. Is it wrong to prefer physical communication and in-person efforts over a private message and an anonymous figure? Nope. Save the sweet e-talk for the love connecting sites. What you see is not always what you get. Girls prefer a real visual. Who wants to end up with the 80 yr old perverted creep? Guy Tip: If you're a reputable male or can hold decent conversation, your best bet to meet your facebook interests are through mutual friends.

2 comments:

  1. idk where my post went but I'll retype... what about the shy unattractive guy? what chance does he have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY AGREE.. if it's one thing I hate it's a dude tryna bag or "sweet talk" me on Facebook or on Twitter and even Myspace. I see it more on Myspace as much as I don't go on Myspace often EVERYTIME faithfully there is at least 2 or 3 messages from some random guy who I have maybe 1 mutual friend with (someone who I possibly don't know or remember, like a good portion of my Myspace friends)sayin "hey ma u look good I was just wondering if you had AIM or if I could get to kno u a little better." I'm not big on the whole "bagging" thing to begin with so those messages just get ignored. Facebook is getting good for those types of messages now. Ima stop babbling lol

    But I have no problem sharing decent conversations with a friend of a friend. I once had a conversation with a friend of a friend on Facebook through picture comments and posts and eventually we became good friends. I feel more comfortable talking to someone I share mutal friends with, I haven't quite figured out the whole reason why yet tho...

    ReplyDelete