December 11, 2009

From Mars. From Venus.

Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus. It seems completely true down to their methods of thinking and communicating. There's rules that are formed based on just meeting. A lot of it is bogus to me, but there's always two sides to everything. I've decided to address some of these issues.

Dont text the other until 24 hours after meeting.
Eh. I could understand the want to not seem extremely overzealous upon getting someone's number so Im half and half on the text topic. It just seems like too many rules come along with it. The time you're supposed to wait in between answering. It all just becomes a game. I, personally, get a lot of tongue-lashings for answering too late or not quick enough but at least I'm not doing it purposely. There's people who methodically plan out their response times. If I happen to text you back a little late and you want to respond quick then respond. It doesn't mean you have to wait thirty minutes. What kind of real conversation does that turn out to be if you're genuinely interested?

Long hair is better than short hair.
Boys are obsessed with this belief. In a girl's head it all depends upon whether the person is framed with the right face or not. Her mood could also be a dependancy. I've definitely cut my hair to reinvent myself or to match a new attitude I was having. For most boys, it's an automatic "Dont even think about it." Girls cut their hair and their friends are like "You look hot!" and boys are like "...-_-." I think short hair can do a lot for the girl who can rock it the right way. It can highlight her features and take away the normalcy out of her look. I understand everyone's not a Rihanna but you see what it did for her.

Straight hair is better than curly hair.
Another hair difference. I can do a whole post about the difference in male and female minds about hair. I call it the Straight Complex. Guys seem to suffer from grasping their minds around anything but straight hair. I swear a guy in my life only knew the word perm. Our conversation would go like this:
Me: What kind of style you want me to get? Him: Perm
Me: I just got one.
Him: I thought you got one like every week.
Guys just know straight. They just want straight, while girls just have the tendency to get bored with their hair and have the desire to try new styles. Who wants to be a plain Jane? It's good to get creative. You just have to know what looks good on you and sometimes that's where the error occurs.

Dont show too much interest.
If you want to get to know someone, it should be made clear. Point blank. There's no need for the foolery and acting as if you don't really want to speak to them, being mean to them, flirting with other people in front of them, etc. Trust me, I've seen it done. In some ways, I determine it as disrespectful and in all ways I determine it as foolish. Girls are very observant. If you just got her number in the club, and you think she's not watching your moves from then on if she's interested, you're wrong. She might watch anyway just for the fun of it.

Rating System
Boys can be harsh when it comes to picking girls they think are cute. From conversations with male friends, a lot of the times there'll be differences on who a boy would say was cute and who a girl would say was prettier. You would think it was more on an obvious level when it comes to rating appearances but the male and female perspective differ a lot. It's actually quite interesting.

There's so many more, down to fashion perspectives. Only chose to list a few tho. Too many for one entry. Maybe I'll keep it as a recurring theme as more pop into my head or my surroundings. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Boys are stupid idiots who eventually grow up to be stupid idiotic men...the sooner the smarter sex accepts this then we wont be so shocked by their behavior. They're dumb point blank period. But we still love/need em...oh the irony :)

    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete