December 2, 2009

Eff Love?

The most memorable quote heard from Rihanna on live television. No I’m not bitter. My first post is sparked by some things everything around me. Personal life, casual conversation, bar observations, and even that trip I take every six weeks from Baltimore to NY to get my hair permed. “You don’t know what love is,” my hairdresser Kathy says to a male client. “Me,” he says offensively, “Of course I know. Love is ride or die. People don’t take the word seriously enough.” “You’re right,” she says. The 4 letter word with so many varying definitions. I swear it flies out mouths like spit. On the average, at least 1 girl at one of the popularly attended bars near my school will cry twice a week from the combination of liquor and seeing their boos, bfs or man with another girl. Will and Jada have an open marriage, Janet and JD split (I didn’t even see that coming), Hillary and Bill, Ciara and Bow Wow?…Is the media where our generation learns to base their feelings on? I’ve seen people abandon their closest friends in the name of love. Yes real life Spencers and Heidis exist. Love is like a building. It requires maintenance or the relationship crumbles. The bar situations are ridiculous to me. It isn’t smooth sailing, don’t get me wrong, but love is self first. When you find that, everything else will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment