April 8, 2010

Forever Gay or Freshly Gay?

It seems like being gay is the latest trend. It's like the new black. And this is in no way meant to be a gay bashing post. It's simply a reflection of thought. Girls are holding other girls' hands and men are eyeing other males more often than usual. Everywhere I turn this person or that person is revealing that they're gay. And if they're not gay, someone else is spilling the beans that they're dipping in the same gender pool. The question is... forever gay or freshly gay?

I used to think and still believe that if you were gay, it was something that was just in you from birth but recently I've begun to wonder if this is just the Age of Curiosity for some. Mostly girls. For guys, I just feel like there's no turning back. If they liked boys, then they always did (though that may not be true). Girls tend to have that flicker of wildness within them though. I question if for some girls it's all pyschological and because of their bad experiences with males that they decide to become gay, try it and end up just sticking with it.

People even become skeptical more easily, nowadays. I've had instances where I'm with a friend who is gay, and just because we hang out others have wondered about me. Gay people can have straight friends. Yes, that's allowed. Or I've had friends tell me that others have randomly thought they were gay and they weren't.

Times are changing though. It's become easier to be expressive about your sexuality. Is it that people were suppressing their homosexuality before and now feel more comfortable expressing themselves? What about those still in hiding? Just something that rattled the brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment