March 14, 2010

For The Love Of... Sleeves!

The best part of a shirt to me has got to be the sleeves. Weird, I know, but they send my fashion-loving heart into a frenzy. Puffy sleeves, tight sleeves, ruffled sleeves, see-through sleeves, embroidered sleeves, sleeves with dangly things hanging from them, off the shoulder sleeves, military straps on sleeves, sleeve mania.

When you rush into a store, there's already so many clothing choices to choose from. Women are willing to spend more time than men to look through scattered clothing. The moshpit is really a tactic that stores create to capture women, because by sifting through the clothes, we're likely to find and purchase other items we didn't intend to buy. I've never been a fan of the moshpit, so my eyes just dart across the bundles, looking for a sleeve that catches my eye.

To me, shirts, dresses, or sweaters are distinguished by their sleeves. Striped sleeves on a plain cardigan, Rihanna spiked sleeves in the "So Hard" video, Gaga sleeves...which one? It doesn't matter. She either has no sleeves or statement-making ones. Yeah, this could be another one of my crazy obsessions but no matter the season, sleeves are sure to take your outfit to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment