November 3, 2010

Fugly People Are on the Come-Up

"U-G-L-Y you aint got no alibi... you ugly yeah yeah you ugly." I never truly knew what that meant but I sang it anyway along with the other kids caught up in it's catchiness and understanding the overall message of calling out the ugly ducklings. As we grow up, the importance of appearance is ingrained in our systems. It seems the less attractive folk (someone once told me you shouldn't call people ugly) got the short end of the stick but now it seems they are definitely on the rise and showing off in more ways than one.

People used to ignore Lil Wayne all the time when he was younger, aka the before the dreads and "i can actually rap" era. I'm sure he had groupies being apart of Cash Money Millionaires but he was no sex symbol. Now he's having babies with Lauren London and everyone thinks he's the Sugar Honey Iced Tea. And I can't forget the fact that Necole Bitchie tweeted her love for Ricky Rozay. There are people out there crushing hard on Rick Ross right now! Yes I said...Rick Ross. Some people think that tatted up, shirt off without any pacs, free-way bearded look is sexy. Hey, Foxy went out with him or was placed with him at some point so I'm sure she doesn't disagree.

And yeah some can say "Maybe it's the money..." Sometimes it truly is. I don't know... money can never cover up a face to me. Eh, personality is a different thing but no one likes to claim that as a reason they become attracted to someone.

I applaud that beauty changes within eras though. God knows I look back at pictures of myself from before and go "Who let me look like that?!..." On America's Top Model, I hear people say all the time "Da-yumm that girl is ugly! Why is she even on the show?" and it's interesting to know that those girls mark a new definition of beauty and are making more money than some of the people at home putting them in the category of ugly.

In schools the pretty people ran things and now those who aren't considered the creme de la creme are still portraying the utmost confidence. People used to say ugly girls are getting pretty friends just to be in the in crowd. They still say it. Ask a girl who the ugly one in her crew is and she'll swear up and down they're all bad. Bad meaning good.

Where as back in the day, the less attractive people were cowering away from the spotlight, they currently certainly seem to be inching to the forefront screaming "Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they allll on me!"

1 comment:

  1. Websites presenting photos with ugly people are numerous as the idea of online fun started to take shape years ago. Various collections are made, including even grotesque images. How do they fall in the category of funny, remains to be discovered.

    ReplyDelete