October 2, 2010

Females Come In Twos

Behind every woman stands her alter ego. Beyonce has Sasha Fierce and Nicki Minaj has Roman Zolanski. That's why their female fans can identify with them so well. Call us bi-polar if you'd like but I prefer to think of it as being... dimensional. Something like a sour patch kid. Sweet and Sour. I've had boys tell me that I'm mean before, and I'm not even gonna blame that on my environment and say that "it's a New York thing" because I believe all girls have a little brash, tell-it-how-it-is vibe to 'em. New Yorkers just have a little more "Kiss My Ass" swag than some :) Some girls are on the faker side of things or just conceal it well.

The sweet and sour ratio differs depending on the female as well as who they're interacting with. Sweet refers to everything nice and caring about a female. Her soft side, her lady-like qualities, her ability to be understanding, giving. It's what drives her to go out of her way. The holding cell of emotions and what makes her vulnerable. The sour side is not even about being nasty or bitter, it's her confidence, her strength, her show face even if she's feeling shy or nervous on the inside. The Ms. Independent, "I Can Do Bad All By Myself" side. The side that has a voice and an opinion and is not afraid to share it.

Now, having two selves is not to be confused with being two-faced and I don't mean two selves completely. No Jekylls and Hydes over here. I'm talking an outer layer and inner layer. Us females are so concerned with how we're being perceived. And even when we're not concerned, someone out there is judging us still. Seeing what kind of vibe they can pick up off of us. Our outer layer is what we show the world first and as you peel the layers you get to know who we are inside as well.

I don't have a name for my alter ego. I'm not as cool as Beyonce or Nicki but gimme some time and maybe I'll be able to rummage up something for you. I have stage fright and every time I have to do something on stage, I would say I put my "game face" on or become a more confident version of what I'm feeling on the inside. Now that I think about it, it's not even limited to the stage... just somewhere I feel uncomfortable or I feel like the spotlight and pressure is being placed on me. Interviews, jobs where there are people around me in much higher positions, when I'm given large responsibility. 'Cause even if you feel like you're dripping you can't let 'em see ya sweat.

"Don't like my women single. I like my chicks in twos..." Good news Drake. Single or not, we're all doubled up.

1 comment:

  1. lmao this is too true! i definitely have 2 sides lol :) i can be the sweetest person you've ever met in your whole entire life but if you come at me crooked...it's game over. lol

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete